Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Upcoming Packers Season

Ok, introductions aside. I am a Green Bay Packer fan, I attend at least one game a year at Lambeau Field. Last year I was in attendance for the NFC Championship game. Yes, it was cold. The outcome of the game was very disappointing, but nevertheless, it was great time. I went with a long time friend, paid $350 for an end zone seat, tailgated for 5 hours in -3 degree weather, and sat for 5 more hours in an overtime game for 4 1/2 more hours. To see the Pack lose. Again, yes, it was a lot of fun.
The experience, and the people at Lambeau make it fun. It is unlike many NFL stadiums, where you constantly need to deal with drunken fans fighting. Yes, problems do occassionally occur, but I have never experienced any issues. Compare to Rich Stadium in Buffalo, where I have been to one random game against the Kansas City Chiefs back in the late 80's and saw like 5 fights in one half. Nice. I guess Buffalo itself is unique. At any rate. I will be commenting in the coming posts on the whole Brett Favre - Aaron Rogers situation. My biggest hope is that they at least have a respectable season. I am guessing this will be difficult. They play a very tough schedule - Colts, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks. There is nothing easy about it coming off a 13-3 season. And the division is better, especially on the defensive side of the ball. 8-8 and competing for a division title will be sufficient for me. More to come soon.

No comments: